Gothic Pride Seattle
Gothic Seattle Royals’ Responsibilities
- To represent the Gothic Community of Seattle to the General Populace in a spirit of fun, pride & unity.
- To represent Gothic Pride Seattle (”GPS”) at official GPS sponsored functions.
- To attend GPS meetings and maintain membership in good standing with GPS.
- To accompany the GPS coordinator to all GPS related diplomatic and social events.
- Titleholders will be responsible for hosting and helping to plan two fundraising events during their reign; the proceeds of which will be used for the annual Pageant and Pride Day events. Some examples of fundraiser activities are club nights, bake sales, or craft sales. The first fundraiser must be completed within the first 6 months of the titleholder’s reign. The second fundraiser must be completed one month before the reigning titleholder’s step-down pageant.
First & Second runners up: Viscounts/esses
- To assume the title of Gothic Seattle Titleholder should one of the reigning Titleholders be unable or unwilling to fulfill their duties during their reign.
- To be willing to participate in any GPS related events.
- Viscounts/esses have the option of hosting & helping to plan one fundraising event during their reign; the proceeds of which will be used for the annual Pageant & Pride Day events.
- Viscounts/esses have the option to attend any GPS board meetings.
You will be judged in the following 5 categories:
- EVENING WEAR: Present your finest and fanciest, and wow the judges with your personal expression of elegance and creativity.
- PAGEANT STYLE Q&A: Let your poise, knowledge, and attitude shine, as each contestant is asked a random question on the spot by the MC/Host.
- CLUB WEAR: Wear your favorite night club and dancy dance ensemble, and show off your personal image and presentation.
- SUICIDE DANCE: It’s your time to show the judges (and audience) your dance floor moves in the spotlight! This is a solo dance, and your song will be chosen randomly by the DJ and will be no longer than 3 minutes in length. The judges will be looking at your music interpretation and fluidity in movement.
- QUESTIONNAIRE OF GOTHDOM: A brief written Q&A filled out beforehand and designed to allow the judges to get to know you better.
Contest rules & regulations
- The Gothic Seattle Titles are open to any and all genders and gender presentations. Chosen titleholders will be able to choose what pronoun (or lack thereof) they want on their title.
- Applications must be completed in full & delivered to a GPS event coordinator emailed no later than Saturday, May 20, 2017.
- Contestants must be at least 21 years of age.
- Contestants may reside anywhere in the quad-county area (King, Snohomish, Pierce, Kitsap), provided they can fulfill the obligations of the crown, if chosen as a titleholder.
- Chosen titleholders must be willing to take part in any GPS related events during their reign, if able. This includes but is not limited to Pride Day Events, fundraisers, & The Annual Gothic Pageant.
- The Gothic Seattle Royal title is intended to be a one-year Reign. At the end of the reign, the outgoing Gothic Seattle Royals in good standing are given the Titles of Count or Countess and are considered part of the greater GPS alumni.
- The first runners up are given the titles Viscount/Viscountess for the duration of their one-year reign.
- If a chosen Titleholder is unable or unwilling to fulfill their duties, the title will be passed to the first runner up.
- Titleholders will be required to fill out a Code of Conduct form, which is standard for any GPS affiliates and Board members. The title can and will be suspended or removed if the winner engages in any behavior that is deemed detrimental or derogatory to Gothic Pride Seattle (”GPS”), The Gothic Seattle Pageant, GPS Sponsors, Gothic Seattle Pageant Sponsors, or Pageant & GPS volunteers.
- Titleholders may not bind GPS with any financial obligations without prior expressed & written consent of GPS.
- Titleholders may not issue public proclamations & declarations regarding GPS business without prior expressed and written consent of GPS.
You can either fill out the form here on our website,
or download the PDF and give to any board member
Download here when the application is available
Application Deadline: TBA.
The online application form will be below when the application is available.